I take my son's music education very seriously. He loves music, and seems to be legitimately moved by it. He sings, he rocks, he smashes instrumenmts - he even does "interpretive dance". He's quite a good dancer actually, much better than his daddy.
But I love music. Always have. I have a fairly expansive music collection, and it truly contains genres of every type. While it is natural for me to gravitate towards things that I like musically, I try to put a steady diet of different things at Tommy's fingerprints... or eardrums I guess.
I don't think Tommy is quite capable of comprehending a Top 10 list yet, so I can't ask him, but here is a list of what it SEEMS like his top 10 current favorites are. You may be surprised...
1. Hot Dog - Led Zeppelin
2. Heartbeat - It's A Lovebeat - The Defranco Family
3. Drift Away - Dobie Gray
4. Over the Hills and Far Away - Led Zeppelin
5. Dead Skunk - Loudon Wainwright III
6. Night the Lights Went Out in Georgia - Vicki Lawrence
7. Let it Go - Frozen Soundtrack
8. Mirror in the Bathroom - English Beat
9. Stuck in the Middle - Stealers Wheel
10. Tonight You Belong To Me - Billy Rose - but made infinitely famous recently by this awesome YT video of a dad and his 4y old little girl. Precious. Nice work fellow Thug Daddy.
So much music to put in front of him, so little time. Tommy is currently developing a penchant for 70s rock.
One thing that shines through regardless of the genre though, is happiness. Music makes Tommy happy. Daddy too.
After all, music feeds the soul.